Saturday, February 2, 2013

Life in a Fort

Friends,

   Wow! What a time to start writing! After a night like last night I dont even know where to begin. My excitement in the night is far more than anything else in the week. However, I dont wanna rob you of a great week.
   This week we had Troy Sherman speaking. I shared before that we had Dean Sherman's lessons and they were amazing, well, Troy is his son, and so like Father like son, he's teachings were also pretty amazing. I had been sick on Sunday and Monday so had to miss the first day but listened on audio. Right away I knew I was gonna be challenged. But with a great way. Challenged to walk more like a CHRIST-ian and NOT a SALVATION-ian. <- a line he used a lot. Meaning, we are NOT called to save people but instead be LIKE CHRIST! And through that ppl will become saved because of being like him, just as he did. The truth behind these comments has already played a role with me and Im blown away. To be walking in your own skin with Christ there in you, and only walking as he desires is crazy.
    Troy also spoke a lot about being the answer to your own prayer. Meaning dont sit there and beg and pray for change that you can make. He shared this story where a woman had been hearing the voice of God for the first time after seeing many miracles, and God told her to go heal this man. So she went over and prayed over him and NOTHING happened. She was bummed and down and went to him. So he asked, "How much money you have on you?" she replied, "$50" At which point Troy said, "Ok, if you go to that store up a little ways you can buy the medicine thatll heal that man for $1. Tomorrow go and bring the man the medicine and he'll be healed." She would be the answer to her own prayer. He spoke a LOT about this kinda thing and it was mind blowing.
    With that I now challenge myself and also YOU, can YOU be the answer and change to your own prayers? Also, he shared in the USA alone we spent 450BILLION dollars on christmas this year. It would take 10 billion to make sure every mouth was fed in the WORLD! Again, I challenge you, can you make a difference? He shared that in India over 1/3 the crops of rice are eaten by rats but they wont kill the rat because its a God. 1/3 could feed every starving mouth in that country. I again ask, can we do something? You may be thinking, "How its their country and I cant travel there and stop it?" Well, let me say this, theres a LOT of truth to the 6 degree rule. (For you who dont know that means that in every 6th person you can connect that person to someone else you know or have encountered). So, if you act as a CHRIST-ian 24/7 EVERY person you run into sees it and sees the TRUTH for what it is. Are you telling me that eventually people in India wouldnt be touched by the TRUTH of Christ, esp if you're praying for them? We are the change guys. We are what makes the world either more like Christ or not. Its up to you.
   This week has been a break through. Ive been struggling with being 100% myself regardless whats happening. This week basically thats been torched. lol PTL! It was like once I was over being sick I was myself. Weird, did God literally take it all outta me when he took at my energy? I truly feel so. Theres still a few things I need to work on but Im getting better and LOVING it MORE! Hows that real IDK but I am! On Thursday I had a great talk out in the open with the two leaders and said exactly why certain things had upset me and let them know a little more about how I function and how to avoid getting the stubborn forget you attitude. lol. It went really well because I feel I understand them a little more and that what I thought they were wanting from me wasnt right. I shared how I felt about sharing my testimony on one of the first days and that it made me guarded because I was being forced to share something not for the reasons God wants us to.
     (Pam here's the things Gods revealed to me. Sorry it took so long.) 
   In the beginning of December I was asked to share my testimony at church. I was COMPLETELY willing. I wanted to in fact. I had 2 wks to pray on it and figure out what I was going to say. As I was praying the Lord told me, "You are not to share your testimony. You are to give words to people." I sat there and was like, "well, ok Lord, but how are they to know me then? Im sharing to raise money for this trip." He then told me 2 things the first kinda blew me for a bit, "Child, know you? To know YOU is why you tell your testimony? No, child, you've been misunderstanding, your testimony is MY TESTIMONY! Its why I am the truth and the LIFE! NOT about you child." And the second thing he said was, "I will let them know you. You are to play a song." (after I prayed harder and for days he revealed which song, which was one of my own and shared my heart.) I had struggled with this, both of them actually. But everytime I went through what I thought maybe I should share of my testimony (because yes I was planning on disobeying) he told me, "What are you doing?! this is wrong." And I felt VERY CONVICTED! I was very much upset by this and untrusting. But while practicing with Danielle for the song we had talked a few times about obeying God and wanting to be in his will. Which basically confirmed to me that I shouldnt do it and I should listen. (Thanks D.) After that day in church I felt like I shouldnt just being sharing my testimony for people to know me but to make sure that people are hearing the glory of God through it each and every time I do share it.
    I am NOT saying that it is wrong to share testimonies. Im saying I feel, for myself, very convicted that testimonies are meant to bring Glory to the Lord and NEVER so that people just know your history and life. I feel when its done that way 90% of the time Satan is getting much more glory than Jesus, and who wants that? Not I. So I wont share it just so people know me. I realize there are times I may hafta a little bit but I will never go any further than what the Lord tells me.
   Friday night we went to the nursing home here in Adams. Its legit 3 mins away. We played music and sang TONS of hymns. That was really humbling. (Whitney if you read this Im sorry if I get the story way wrong. I only heard what Im attempting to share.) So Whitney was asked by a resident to go down to their bedroom with her. Whitney was kinda hestitate because the resident said she wasnt following the rules. But Whitney felt lead to go so she did. The woman pulls out 25 CENTS  in PENNIES and hands them to Whit and says, "I wanna help you (I THINK in regards to raising money) out and Gods been SO good to me and Ive been saving in order to bless someone, and I wanna bless you." 25 CENTS people! This woman was of her right mind. She wanted to do everything she could to bless others, yes its not a lot but it was EVERYTHING she had!! I wont expand anymore, but I will ask you all to take a min and meditate on that and ask the Lord to give you revalation on that. Cause I was rocked in a HARD WAY!!!!!!! Thank you Jesus!!
   In the night we went over to our leaders house and played Wii and with their son, Liam. I love that boy. I was EXTREMELY EXHAUSTED , HUNGRYAND FREEZING so when we left my intentions were to shower and go straight to bed. BUT, as always in DTS, nothing goes as planned. lol After my shower I chose to get some food, while I was doing that a classmate started talking to me so I say with him and another mate, at which point we got into a great convo. I love my bros. :) The others had finished their movie and honestly I thought we'd only been talking 20 mins but we'd been talking 2.5 hrs instead. lol...love talks like that. Well, Sam squared has what we call a bro-mance. lol and they were having it. Suddenly before we knew it there was 2 mattresses in the lounge and Sams are snuggling. lol yes folks, this is truth. lol Well, like the natural encourager I am I thought Matt should get in on this... so we had all three the boys like this... Matress, Sam then on top... matress Sam.... on top matress Matt... and then pics of course. lol. After it fell over this tower of bros. I suddenly was like "DUDES WE SHOULD MAKE A FORT!!!" and of course.... boys being boys and Celia and I being us... GOT INTO IT FAST!!! in a matter of seconds 7 matresses were in the lounge and the fort building began. After which we hung out inside the fort played truth or lie. Basically the group finds a question they wanna ask one person. that one person gets to answer either honestly or as a lie. then the group each gets to ask a question and after decide if it was true or not. and then the person says if they told the truth or not. It was SO FUN! We got busted at about 12:30--bedtime is midnight. But the leaders thought it was great and joined in for 20 mins or so and then made us go to bed. :) It was SO much fun! ive not had that much fun in the LONGEST TIME!
  I thank God for these siblings. I love them. We have so much fun and are always just enjoying life. But yet we can be serious and enjoy one anothers serious moments too. Im blessed!

I love you guys!
Krista June

No comments:

Post a Comment