Monday, January 19, 2015

Quick Update on Love them

Love Them is officially in the process of becoming a legally recognized Non-Profit organization in the state of New Hampshire. Crazy, huh? I’m still in shock and thrilled! My first meeting with the lawyers happened at the start of this week. It was INCREDIBLY nerve racking! Having two pair of lawyer eyes starring emotionless at you as you sit between them sharing your biggest of life’s dream. But I left the meeting with high hopes and more importantly, two dedicated lawyers. 
It overall went WONDERFULLY! I received answers I had been questioning since before leaving from Uganda back in 2013. There are some things that I cannot go into detail with yet. Not because of some big secretive law reasons but simply because I have to make some big decisions and I haven't the answers to how or what I’m going to do. I will update all I can when the information is 100% decided and final, though. 
I did, however, want to inform you where I am going this year. My lawyers didn’t have a time on when everything would be finalized, but knowing the process is going forth for sure I am planning ahead. I will need to do as much fundraising as I possibly can. As in any business or organization the starting years are rough. Yes, I save a certain amount weekly, no matter what for the ministry alone, but I know realistically Love Them cannot run off that alone. 
So, in Feb. (end) Jonathan Mancha, Mickala Meany, Jessica Blais and possibly some others have agreed to perform a worship night in order to help with some of these costs. It will be donation only and I HOPE to be able to have any checks made out to Love Them to be tax deductible. But that will be announced later. This is going to be such a FUN night!! Jonathan has done this for me before and he and whomever he plays with always always always makes it a good time! Truly each of these guys know how to bring it!! In EVERY WAY! Musically, comedy, with Jesus… truly uplifting, joyful people whom I am so incredibly blessed to call friends!! So, please COME check that out!! Location will be determined so be sure to be on the look out!!
I also would like to start an annual 5k run in April. This year I will be looking into starting it in New Ipswich. In May I’m hoping to do a home run contest. In June a 3-on-3 volleyball tournament. July or August my fingers are crossed for another concert night. Around October a bake sale… I’m pondering some “special” ideas for this to make it unique but cannot share those yet. And in November or December I’m researching a bowling team tournament. 
Also happening during the summer I am planning another backpack walk through Keene. Love Them will keep this as a part of the ministry. The goal is to go to the streets of the same city twice a year, once in the Summer and once in the Winter. After we go there twice (back to back) consider another city. I am also tentivaily planning a trip to Uganda in the winter, for about ten days. 
As you can see, a BUSY year ahead! All these ideas are just that… ideas. BUT I’m already looking into each of them and digging deeper to make them better and more outrageously fun! If you have any ideas or suggestions… please send me texts or message me on Facebook. I have started Instagram under handle Love_Them_Ministries and only post pictures of what is happening for the organization! 
My lawyers said in a few days (this was Monday) that I should receive some paperwork via email that I’ll need to sign and write a check for as well. So, any day I should have a little more information in regards to where the ENTIRE process stands. BUT, it IS moving forward!! If you want to donate and not care about tax deductible you CAN write a check to Krista Creighton and I will be sure it goes to helping change the world.


  I will try and give a more detailed update very soon. But check out Love Them Ministries Facebook page and also on instagram.

 Thank you EVERYONE!!

Love, Krista June


No comments:

Post a Comment