Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Ugandan journey

Hey friends, I'm so sorry it's taken me soooooooo long to write! Life here is crazy good! I'm on my friends iPad so I must make it quick but know that I and the team are wonderful! We have been touched deeply by the people here and are overwhelmgly blessed! We've been working within orphanages and our hearts are breaking and touched DAILY. I can't begin. To describe the joy they have in them slimy by us holding them! It's crazy! Whitney and Anthony my leaders who are wedding in aug of this year are now trying to adopt a 2 mon old that we met and fell in love with. Her name is joy and prayers are appreciated! We are currently in Jinja but will be heading back to Kampala earlier than expected after some long nights and days of praying! So in gods grace, the first orphanage we visited we will be heading back for the last 2 was here! There are 124 kids 7 workers...most which are volunteer and not always there. 5-7 kids per bed if under age about 3 and 3-5 any age older. Most don't have good health due to lack of food. Maria I the min runner of the place and hs the biggest heart I've seen. It's remarkable. There are twins bout a yr or so old who were literally left in the woods to die and she rescued them. Many have stories like this..Maria coming and saving them. It's insane. Prayer there is needed and for us a well . We plan to build toilet and a shower place for them as we'll as get more room for more beds and provide food. We've been so blessed by this place! The children are amazing and gods sent under! I have sooooo many things I'd love to share with y'all but I've not the ability just yet.... Other need the comp.if you feel lead to help in anyway message me!!!!!!! You can also send money to my Paypal for this. Orphanage and it'll help with our needs. You can find that info in my notes on fb under Ywam the journey starts!!! You can send things needed too clothes etc.... I'll update you next week on how if you'd like. Thanks folks!!!! It's awesome here! We're soooooo blessed! Love krista June

No comments:

Post a Comment